A little while back I posted that I was doing another cardigan test knit. The deadline was until September 30, 2012. I finished well ahead of time, and I actually would have finished a lot sooner if I’d had enough yarn in my stash. Seeing as that wasn’t the case I had to wait until early September to be able to buy more yarn because the shop was closed for holidays.
Here’s me trying on the cardigan when I ran out of yarn, I hadn’t been able to go buy more yet at this point, so it went into hibernation for three weeks.
Here it is in all it’s glory, I decided to make it extra long, so it took about 2 days more than if I had done it hip length.
A close up of the Oak Leaf details and the buttons I chose (ok, so not really an oak leave button, but it’s the closest thing I was able to find.)
Finished and being worn, ok so it was just for the picture (taken by Fernanda, thank you) as it’s still too warm to actually be wearing it, but this is definitely going to get quite a bit of use this winter. It’s nice and soft and really warm despite having short sleeves.