I totally took advantage of the long weekend to finish some projects. I managed to finish two and make a bit of headway on a third.
First one I finished – Grey Water Cowl – Test Knit for Owlmania (original name Green Water Cowl currently unavailable). I made Version A and did two repeats of the pattern, using Drops Nepal in dark grey (0517) and ended up using only one skein and just a bit of the 2nd one. Next version I’m making will be larger and I’ll be doing Version B of the pattern.
and here is one of Jo modeling, she loves trying on my knitted stuff….
The second one I finished was my Blue Lagoon, original pattern is Flukra by Gudrun Johnston. I used 35 grams of Manos Del Uruguay Lace (9622) and about 15 grams of 100% Merino Lace hand dyed by me with some Koolaid. The Merino Lace was dyed for another project (my Around the World in 80 Days Mystery KAL shawl) as I needed at least 1000m of yarn to complete, however I’m just about finishing clue 12 and I still have a good 20 grams left over of the first skein, but more on that in another post.
showing the lace portion, obviously this hasn’t been blocked yet and this is definitely going to stretch a lot, but I’ll have to be very careful when blocking don’t want to over stretch it.
close up of the lace and showing some of the lovely Manos Del Uruguay Lace.