The figs this year were a bit of a disappointment. Last year we had non-stop figs from end of May all the way to the end of October, this year we had some sunny days when they really started growing, but then it got colder and it really affected them. They remained green and only last week did we pick them off the tree, the big green ones had long since been eaten by the birds, but we managed to pick approximately 3kilos (didn’t get a chance to weigh them after picking becuase we had more things to go pick, and when we came back, my mum and gran had already been eating loads of them). They might be small, but they’re really sweet and some of them were so ripe already that they were really hard to get off the tree, we needed to use our nails as knives to be able to get them off the branches. We had to leave the ones all the way at the top of the tree because the branches are really flimsy, pull too much on them and they’ll break right off. So we left them for the birds, maybe next week we’ll have some more to pick.
- 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 1-5 of 8 – Overview
- Project 2017/003 – 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 5/8 – Block 30/48
- Project 2017/003 – 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 5/8 – Block 29/48
- Project 2017/003 – 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 5/8 – Block 28/48
- Project 2017/003 – 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 5/8 – Block 27/48