So here I am again, this was during our lunch break. We stopped at one of the many restaurants on Cais de Gaia and I went for a local dish called a Francesinha, which is a sandwich of about three layers and contains all sorts of sausages and other meats. The secret of the dish is in the tomato sauce which is quite spicy. The whole sandwich is then hidden beneath a layer of cheese and I asked for the special which comes with an egg on top of it. I love this dish, and generally speaking it’s eaten in the middle of the night after a night on the town, which I’ve done on several ocassions, but I also like eating it during the day. Although I must say that after eating this and the desert, I had a chocolate mousse and my friend had the biscuit cake, neither one of us felt like eating for the rest of the day.
I recommend you try this should you ever come to Porto. But like I mentioned the sauce is spicy, so if you don’t like “hot” food, better not eat it, because without the sauce, it’s just a meat/sausage sandwich.
- 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 1-5 of 8 – Overview
- Project 2017/003 – 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 5/8 – Block 30/48
- Project 2017/003 – 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 5/8 – Block 29/48
- Project 2017/003 – 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 5/8 – Block 28/48
- Project 2017/003 – 2017 Pinwheel Blanket – Row 5/8 – Block 27/48